Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Lisa Belkin: The Tornado In Oklahoma Is This Parent's Living Nightmare
- Jenn Horton: Every Mom Deserves Your Nod
Why Gwyneth Paltrow named her baby Apple
On yesterday's Oprah show, one of Oprah's co-jurors, Deb, had a question for Gwyneth that so many people wanted to know: "Why you named your baby Apple?"
Gwyneth: "Right, well, um, basically it was because when we were first pregnant, her daddy said, if it's, basically one day he just said if it's a girl I think her name should be Apple. And I just, it sounded so sweet, and it conjures such a lovely picture for me, you know apples are so sweet and they're wholesome, and it's bibilical and it's just, they're so, and I just thought it sounded so lovely and…"
Gwyneth: "Clean, and then I just thought perfect and then she was born and it became like an international outrage, I mean which I found surprising because there are people named Rose or Lily or Ivy or June, or you know lots of pretty nouns."
Oprah: "She may be the first Apple."
Gwyneth: "I have actually heard of, since she was born I have heard of some other Apples"
Gwyneth: "Yeah, I mean who are already alive and in the world as Apples."
Behold the power of TiVo!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Any advice for first time mom?
- Is permission required from both parents in every state . to become a foster parent? are there name's changed; would i need a court order
- . two ways to lose property's selling or debt ( debt property is sold to pay debt) the debt has to be proved) court managing property?