Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Christie O. Tate: I Love and Welcome My Daugther's Rage
- Rob Watson: A Gay Dad's Open Letter to the Parents Who Are Seeking to…
Piggy banks and savings bonds: Gifts that teach how to save
Gifts that teach the art of saving will be popular this holiday season, according to the Center for the New American Dream, an organization that works to "conserve natural resources, counter the commercialization of our culture, and promote positive changes in the way goods are produced and consumed." Of the 500 Americans polled about their holiday gift-giving, 62 percent said they would give family members gifts that encourage saving, like a piggy bank or a savings bond. Seventy-six percent thought that kids today are too materialistic, especially so during the holidays. The majority of the people polled said that they believe the holidays should be more about family and caring for others rather than giving and receiving gifts.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- HICKMAN, DERIAN DOUGLAS PLAINTIFF PRO SE & INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Defendant Service: Summons Issued Method: Service Issued
- Copyright royaly board understanding building a radio or tv (song sound good got your own radio)?
- While attempting to explain consider who your explaining to. building a government may seem like gilligan's island to a person that can't