Blogging Baby Size Six: Baby products I thought I needed but didn't
Filed under: Newborns, Babies, Baby Essentials, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Day Care & Education, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Toddlers Preschoolers, Baby-sitting, Feeding & Sleeping, Health & Safety: Babies, Development/Milestones: Babies, Research Reveals: Babies
- A huge, hulking travel system: If we had known better, we would have saved our money and spent it on a convertible carseat, a lightweight, umbrella stroller, and just slung the baby instead. Yes, being able to remove a sleeping baby in her or his carseat is nice, but my giganta-babes outgrew their infant carriers at 4 months old. And the travel system stroller weighed almost 30 pounds. Not what you want to lifting and lugging with a wiggly baby to contend with.
- A baby bathtub: We we given one but we never used it. We ended up using the kitchen sink and then moving the baby to the bathtub when she outgrew the sink. We used a good, non-skid mat in the tub and that kept her fairly secure.
- Related to the above, a tub seat: These things should be banned. They are flimsy and unsafe. All it did was pinch my child's chubby thighs when I tried to remove her. And it didn't allow me to wash underneath her very easily (which is essential). What was I thinking?
- A high-chair: We bought a used high chair for our first daughter and we used it until I realized how much room it took up and what a pain in the ass it was to clean. With my younger daughter we use a portable booster seat mounted on a chair. It's easy to clean and doesn't take up a lot of space. And, $100 v. $15. Gah! Shoulda been a no brainer, right?
- Corner protectors: They fall off. Everyone knows they fall off. They just. don't. stay. on. And yet, we bought them anyway.
- Nursing shirts: What is the point really? Seriously, they are more trouble than they are worth. I want my money back.
How about you? What are some products you had to have, but didn't need? Please do tell! ...and don't forget to take that extra step and activate your comments via email.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- ,PASSPORT'S AND THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE (TRAVELERS TO A GOVERNMENT( THE PEOPLE WOULD BE (ON VACATION OR WORKING ) = 0% UNEMPLOYMENT
- LAW SCHOOL OR COPYCAT would'nt it be a difficult profession ( lawyer)if anyone could use your court case defense as plaintiff or defendant
- You are unable to follow more people at this time. Learn more here. 497 TWITTER FOLLOWERS