Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Emme: Disney's Out of Character
- masalamommas: How To Give Your Teen Dating Advice When You've Never…
Breastfeeding cravings different than pregnancy cravings?
I've been breastfeeding Truman for nine months, and I'm still hungry all. the. time. But my cravings are far different than during pregnancy. When I was pregnant, I craved carbohydrates, dairy, protein, and vegetables. I couldn't get enough greens and I wanted cream cheese on everything. After I got over my initial nausea I wanted to eat sausage constantly.
I'm still in need of much protein (beef, I love you, oh, how I love you) but my major craving is sweets. I've noticed that I get these cravings most keenly right after I put Truman down from a long breastfeeding jag. Right now, as I'm typing, I'm jittery even though I just ate two macadamia white chocolate chip cookies. I need more sugar. NOW.
(And yes, I'm trying to eat fruit when I crave sugar, but it's hard: I really just want
chocolate, cookies, cake.) Did you have different cravings during pregnancy and breastfeeding? And was anyone
else such a sugar freak?
[You can read about this danish here.]
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- If i own all or most of the property in dc think the mayor already knows. president and others including Embassies. on my property for 20 +years
- D. hickman v. intel, microsoft et.al federal district court dc (bill gates deposition part 1 you tube?) are you a owner of a company?
- What's the penalty for falsley claiming relation to a person does it have to be for monetary gain or proven not just a social gesture