Toy Recall: Magnetix Magnet Building Sets by RoseArt

Filed under: Work Life, Health & Safety: Babies, Toys

RoseArt is voluntarily recalling its Magnetix Magnet Building Sets in the U.S. since 30 children fell ill -- and one died -- after swallowing small magnets that fell out of the toys

I wrote about the toddler that died as a result of ingesting two Magnetix pieces back in December. Since then, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission, three children, ages 3 to 8 years, "had intestinal perforations that required surgery and hospitalization in intensive care." The added that.a 5-year-old child aspirated two magnets that were surgically removed from his lung.

The CPSC also added: "Tiny magnets inside the plastic building pieces and rods can fall out. Magnets found by young children can be swallowed or aspirated. If more than one magnet is swallowed, the magnets can attract to each other and cause intestinal perforation or blockage, which can be fatal."

The CPSC suggest that if you have a Magnetix Magnet Building Set, you should visit the RoseArt website for more information about returning the product. But as of 3:37pm EST, the company had no information about the recallposted to its Magnetic-specific site. Contact RoseArt customer service at 1-800-272-9667.  [via CNN.com]

[Thanks to Thordora for the tip!
]

ReaderComments (Page 1 of 1)

FollowUs

Flickr RSS

TheTalkies

AskAdviceMama

AdviceMama Says:
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.