Safety precautions for pool and hot tub owners
Filed under: Health & Safety: Babies
Drowning is the number one cause of death for children under the age of four. A child can drown within seconds of entering the water and irreversible brain damage usually occurs within four to six minutes. This week James Baker has been on Capitol Hill raising awareness for legislature to pass a bill that would give states financial incentives to enforce stricter pool and hot tub regulations. In the wake of his media campaign many pool safety firms are stepping forward to offer tips and programs on home pool safety. Following are just a few tips for pool and hot tub safety awareness.
- Parental supervision is the key to pool use. Young children should always be supervised when using a pool or hot tub.
- Any door or gate leading to an outside water source should have a lock and alarm on it.
- Cloth pool covers are extremely dangerous. A child can become entangled in one and easily drown.
- Aluminum pool covers, though expensive, are the safest option.
- Inflatable pools should be emptied and deflated after use.
- While in the pool with your child there should be no distractions.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- At the internal revenue serice level it is not difficult to identify the inventor of a product or service they are taxable so are the salary's.
- Are all items consumable or a product and ingredients ...public record or are you literature restricted
- You are unable to follow more people at this time. Learn more here. 497 TWITTER FOLLOWERS
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.