Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Caron Gremont: Obesity's Officially a Disease, So How Come My Child…
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Am I Going to Hell For My Position on…
Oh babies, how I want more of you
Filed under: Newborns, Toddlers Preschoolers, Your Pregnancy, Health & Safety: Babies, Development/Milestones: Babies, Day Care & Education, Feeding & Sleeping, Baby-sitting, Research Reveals: Babies, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers
And then today I hung out with Larissa at the "Alberta Art Hop." We were selling our latest lark, bonnets and baby carriers and tees and onesies and what I'm calling "teething birds" made with vintage and recycled fabrics. Naturally, it being a nice day in Portland's baby central, we saw dozens of pregnant bellies and an equal measure of tiny newborns.
And oh, how I wanted to feel that feeling once again, that sleepy eye-rubbing newness, that falling-in-love, the time when every breath is full of the wonder of brand-new life. I wanted a baby again, a tiny mewling hand-clenching newborn.
I wasn't the only one. Larissa joined in my wishes, although if you want to know the truth neither of us ran home and checked our ovulation calendars or anything. Maybe I won't be trying to get pregnant in the next weeks or even in the next year. But oh, I want. I want.
[Photo Larissa Brown, teething bird Barbara my own. In Portland? We'll be 'round 29th & Alberta tomorrow.]
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- . two ways to lose property's selling or debt ( debt property is sold to pay debt) the debt has to be proved) court managing property?
- (department of defense)? hey can you build me a super duper all protector? yea what you want on it $$$$$
- While attempting to explain consider who your explaining to. building a government may seem like gilligan's island to a person that can't