Premature births in the United States
Filed under: Newborns, Toddlers Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Babies, Development/Milestones: Babies, Day Care & Education, Feeding & Sleeping, Baby-sitting, Research Reveals: Babies, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers
There are indications which may point towards a higher risk of giving birth prematurely, including: If the mother gave birth prematurely before.
- If the mother is going to give birth to twins or triplets.
- Afro-American women are much more likely to give birth early than white or Hispanic women - even when the women have similar incomes, education and access to good health care.
- Women who have become pregnant as a result of fertility treatment. Even if they are carrying just one child.
- Extremely young mothers and mothers over 35.
- Women who are poor.
- Women who smoke.
- Women who do not have access to prenatal care.
- Women who are under a lot of stress.
- Women who are obese.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Copyright royaly board understanding building a radio or tv (song sound good got your own radio)?
- How can anyone have the patience to actually have children? Your life is nothing but mindless repetition with no end to it. Even when they grow up you...
- ,PASSPORT'S AND THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE (TRAVELERS TO A GOVERNMENT( THE PEOPLE WOULD BE (ON VACATION OR WORKING ) = 0% UNEMPLOYMENT