An opposing view to gay people who choose to adopt
Filed under: Adoption
Although we have come a long way with regard to the acceptance of gay people into the mainstream of our society, there are still many people who are opposed to their way of life, especially when it comes to adoption.
Witness this column by Bryan Fischer, the Executive Director of the Idaho Values Alliance. According to their website, their mission is to "make Idaho the friendliest place in the world to raise a family." (No small task, I would guess.)
Anyway, Mr. Fischer is diametrically opposed to the idea of gay people adopting children, mainly for the reasons you might expect:
- Every child needs both a mom and dad
- Boys will learn how to be a man by observing their fathers
- Girls will learn how to be a woman by observing their mothers
There's a lot more to discern from Mr. Fischer's viewpoint, so it might be best if you folks read his column and make up your own minds. However, if it were up to me, putting litmus tests on adoptive parents' sexuality only limits the opportunities for children to find a loving home.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013