Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Claire McCarthy, M.D.: Is Your Family Ready for a Disaster?
- HooplaHa: WATCH: Shari Alyse: Showing What Kids Can Teach Us
Writer says gay adoption does not support children's development
Filed under: Adoption
This is another one of those editorials written by a vice president from the Focus on the Family organization that pretty much lays to waste the idea of gay adoptive parents being good role models for their children.
Bill Maier cites research that concludes that children do best in families where there is a mother and father because they have different communication styles and kids should be exposed to that. (You can draw your own conclusions.)
He also strangely brings up what Rosie O'Donnell's six-year-old adopted son said about why he doesn't have a father. I'm not a fan of Rosie O'Donnell at all, but I've always admired her for supporting and promoting adoption. But using a six-year-old kid's opinions to buttress your argument against gay adoption sounds a bit weak, doesn't it?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- The owner of the property or debit creditor can relieve the person(s) of the debt,(a employment position or (court) is not ownership
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )
- Motion to reopen case 2013 derian d. Hickman v. Internal revenue service superior court dc