Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Caron Gremont: Obesity's Officially a Disease, So How Come My Child…
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Am I Going to Hell For My Position on…
Students raise pigs to fund school trip
Filed under: Day Care & Education
Sure, raffles, auctions and bake sales are great -- but 12 seniors at Eddyville Charter School, a farming community school in Oregon, thought it'd be more fun to raise pigs instead.
According to student Ashley Connor, "It started off as a joke," and unfortunately, "It really stinks," adds another, but if they manage to raise Wilbur, Pork Chop and Schwartz to the desired 220 pounds, it just might work.
Not only will the project raise hundreds of dollars, but it could serve as a moneymaker for future classes -- all for about 20 minutes of work a day to care and look after the pigs.
I think this sounds like an awesome idea. If anyone tries this out for their next school fundraiser, please let us know.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- . two ways to lose property's selling or debt ( debt property is sold to pay debt) the debt has to be proved) court managing property?
- What's the penalty for falsley claiming relation to a person does it have to be for monetary gain or proven not just a social gesture
- (department of defense)? hey can you build me a super duper all protector? yea what you want on it $$$$$