Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Abbie Rumbach: The Confession That Blew My Daughter's Mind
- PHOTO: Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillipe Reunite
Breastfeeding may prevent breast cancer
Given the ever-raging debate on breastfeeding, here's another reason you might want to consider doing it: a recent study finds it might protect against breast cancer.
Specifically, it helps reduce the breast cancer risk for women who wait until after 25 to have children, as previous research has found that these women are more prone to the disease. In fact, after analyzing data on a number of women aged 55 and older, doctors found that breastfeeding help ward off breast cancer regardless of what age the women started giving birth.
Seeing as the average age for starting a family is 25, and current trends indicate the majority of women are waiting until they're older to have kids, this information seems particularly relevant.
Maybe now people will stop freaking out every time they see a woman breastfeeding in public.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))