Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Pregnant or Not, I Don't Regret My…
- How To Have A Stress-Free Blended Family Vacation
Top ten health concerns about today's kids
Filed under: Newborns, Toddlers Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Babies, Development/Milestones: Babies, Alcohol & Drugs, Day Care & Education, Feeding & Sleeping, Baby-sitting, Research Reveals: Babies, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers
Topping the list with 40% of respondents ranking it as a "big problem", is smoking. Teen drug abuse is a close second at 49%. The entire list is here.
Being a parent didn't seem to alter the perceptions of the respondents; those with children and those without ranked their concerns the same. Race and education did seem to make a difference, however. Black adults rated teen pregnancy as their top health concern, and adults with college degrees were more likely to rate childhood obesity as a top concern than those without degrees.
The concerns that didn't make the top ten list were: psychological stress, depression, eating disorders, suicide, autism, childhood cancer, and food contamination. Food contamination is moving up on my personal list.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- Does Liz Carmouche got a plump coochie?
- What's the penalty for falsley claiming relation to a person does it have to be for monetary gain or proven not just a social gesture