Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Lisa Belkin: The Tornado In Oklahoma Is This Parent's Living Nightmare
- Jenn Horton: Every Mom Deserves Your Nod
Student beautifies roadkill with baby clothes
Filed under: Day Care & Education
My heart sinks a little every time I see roadkill on the side of the highway. Someone in Illinois apparently feels the same way, and has decided to do something about it -- dressing the roadkill up in baby clothes, painting the animals' claws with nail polish, or covering their dead bodies in gold paint.
You might think it's the work of some sicko -- but no, in fact, the beautification was performed by an art student.
Jessica May's goal was to get people to slow down and pay homage to the animals. She figured if they were given human attributes -- or just looked nicer -- people might pay more attention.
Personally, I think this would just creep me out. Although, I have to admit, I care more for the cute animals than the ugly ones -- so maybe Ms. May has a point.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Is permission required from both parents in every state . to become a foster parent? are there name's changed; would i need a court order
- While attempting to explain consider who your explaining to. building a government may seem like gilligan's island to a person that can't
- How many hickman towns,schools,and counties are in the united states