Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Jennifer Pellegrini: After a Wild Week of News, Two Stories You Might…
- Rev. Susan Baller-Shepard: Wild And Precious Lives: Godspeed…
Your favorite cartoons...in real-life places
I think if my daughter ever saw Shrek of Fiona in real life, she'd explode with toddler delight. In fact, as much as I'd like to think that she's most excited by digging through the mud for bugs, or swimming all afternoon at our local pool, there's probably nothing she loves more than her favorite animated buddies. So, seeing those characters in traffic, on the beach, or at the grocery store would be her dream come true.
That's what makes this Photoshop contest from Worth1000.com so much fun. They've asked their readers to insert their favorite cartoon characters into real-life settings, and the results are hysterical -- if not downright amazing.
Some of the images are from cartoons younger children may not have discovered (like The Simpsons, for instance), and there's some others you might prefer your kids didn't see (like Mickey Mouse caught on a mouse trap) -- but on the whole, they're a lot of fun. I love seeing Speedracer calmly waiting at real-world stoplight, or Jerry (from Tom and Jerry), stealing a piece of cheese from a real-life kitchen table.
Nothing that'll change your world forever, but it's a nice diversion for a rainy afternoon.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Is permission required from both parents in every state . to become a foster parent? are there name's changed; would i need a court order
- Do people ever get a civil trial this is too many dismissals with out a response from defendants
- Derian d hickman v. Internal revenue service superior court dc 2012