Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Pregnant or Not, I Don't Regret My…
- How To Have A Stress-Free Blended Family Vacation
Taiwan cancels speed-eating contest for kids
Filed under: Nutrition: Health
Wow, you think?
The contest originally had four categories: kindergarten, elementary school, adults and foreigners. I love how the foreigners (Read: Big Mac Eating Americans) have their own category.
The original contest had the children eating the bowl of rice in three minutes with the child eating the fastest winning the contest. Children are now invited to taste the rice and then either write or draw a picture regarding their thoughts on said rice.
How do you say "boring" in Mandarin?
And what, exactly, were the reasons for stopping the rice eating contest?
"It's not right to use kids for publicity in this manner," said an official. "They could choke. Children should always be taught to chew carefully. Encouraging them to bolt food down for a prize is irresponsible."
"Scoffing down such a greasy dish could result in indigestion and vomiting."Yeah...it is also, ahem, unhealthy.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- If i own all or most of the property in dc think the mayor already knows. president and others including Embassies. on my property for 20 +years
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
- What's the penalty for falsley claiming relation to a person does it have to be for monetary gain or proven not just a social gesture