Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Pregnant or Not, I Don't Regret My…
- How To Have A Stress-Free Blended Family Vacation
Hey--guess what I just found out? We have electronic monopoly! Ok, so I know there was a version out in the 80's that rolled the dice for you and that kind of thing, but this one is more like an electronic banking system--there's no paper money involved! Instead of cash players use plastic cards.
Maybe my excitement over this product--which apparently has been out elsewhere for over a year now but has just now appeared in the U.S. ... or on my television screen, anyway--makes me a sucker, but who cares? I'm nostalgic for monopoly, so the resurgance of its popularity makes me feel like a kid all over again.
And speaking of kids, won't this new version, which comes complete with debit card-like plastic cards instead of money, perhaps teach children about banking?
Or, maybe not. But it will keep the sneaky ones from stealing/hiding all the $500 bills. Either way, it's an opportunity to hang out with your kids, play a game you know and love, and maybe even teach them a little something about money. If you can get them to stop fighting over who gets to be the little silver car.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- The owner of the property or debit creditor can relieve the person(s) of the debt,(a employment position or (court) is not ownership
- Divorce reasons wife does not want IVF, Donor Sperm