Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Louise Pennington: Teenage Pregnancy, Patriarchal Hypocrisy and…
- 'Rules Of Engagement' 100th Episode Series Finale
Teens can't tan in CA (without parental consent)
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger signed a host of new laws into the books over the weekend -- including one that bans kids under 14 from tanning, and forbids older teenagers from tanning without their parent's consent.
This follows calls by lawmakers in other states to ban tanning by younger teens, noting the increased rates of skin cancer -- both from tanning outdoors or in tanning salons. While some say this is an example of the government overstepping its bounds -- using tax dollars to police something that should be left up to individuals to decide -- I think it's only a matter of time before we'll be embarrassed that kids were ever allowed to tan in the first place.
Just like cigarettes (or any other products known to cause cancer), tanning beds should only be available to those with the maturity to understand the enormous health risks they represent.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Cant upload foia for federal election commission primary election results or general for derian douglas hickman or the e-mail
- While attempting to explain consider who your explaining to. building a government may seem like gilligan's island to a person that can't
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))