Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Pregnant or Not, I Don't Regret My…
- How To Have A Stress-Free Blended Family Vacation
Mother of two found 33 years after escaping from prison
Life must be tough when you're on the lamb -- always concealing your identity, always looking over your shoulder. But Deborah Gavin had plenty of time to get used to the fugitive lifestyle, having escaped from the Georgia Women's Correctional Institution way back in 1974.
After her escape, Gavin got married, had two kids, and was living quietly in Frankston, Texas -- a small town (estimated population around 1300) in the southeast corner of the state. Her neighbors were probably completely unaware that they were living next to an escaped convict until Wednesday, when US marshals surrounded the house.
Gavin, who undoubtedly understood what the rest of her life would look like in the event she was apprehended, arrived at the door with a shotgun. Fortunately, however, she backed down, and arrested peacefully.
I'd be interested to hear from the kids. I wonder if they had any idea who their mom really was.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- HICKMAN, DERIAN DOUGLAS PLAINTIFF PRO SE & INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Defendant Service: Summons Issued Method: Service Issued
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- (department of defense)? hey can you build me a super duper all protector? yea what you want on it $$$$$