Health myths debunked
A couple of U.S. researchers delved into the science behind common health beliefs passed on by moms and doctors alike such as:
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Reading in dim light can ruin your eyesight
- Humans only use 10 percent of their brains
- Eating turkey makes one sleepy
- Shaving hair makes it grow back thicker
What they found and shared in a report in the British Medical Journal was that these myths were either untrue or lacking scientific evidence necessary to back them up.
Huh. I always suspected the 8 glasses of water a day rule was a created by toilet paper companies to increase consumption.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Why would a RN to a terminally-ll child would walk out of her job & never say goodby to her patient?
- Governor at 15 the average life expectancy in 1950 was about 50 making 25 middle age and your prime about 15-17
- A pro- se attorney( represents himself or herself) court motions and filings : be considered under oath?