Health myths debunked
A couple of U.S. researchers delved into the science behind common health beliefs passed on by moms and doctors alike such as:
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Reading in dim light can ruin your eyesight
- Humans only use 10 percent of their brains
- Eating turkey makes one sleepy
- Shaving hair makes it grow back thicker
What they found and shared in a report in the British Medical Journal was that these myths were either untrue or lacking scientific evidence necessary to back them up.
Huh. I always suspected the 8 glasses of water a day rule was a created by toilet paper companies to increase consumption.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- At the internal revenue serice level it is not difficult to identify the inventor of a product or service they are taxable so are the salary's.
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
- The need for a military is consistant with the intellect on the land being able to convert metals into a computer example