Health myths debunked
A couple of U.S. researchers delved into the science behind common health beliefs passed on by moms and doctors alike such as:
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Reading in dim light can ruin your eyesight
- Humans only use 10 percent of their brains
- Eating turkey makes one sleepy
- Shaving hair makes it grow back thicker
What they found and shared in a report in the British Medical Journal was that these myths were either untrue or lacking scientific evidence necessary to back them up.
Huh. I always suspected the 8 glasses of water a day rule was a created by toilet paper companies to increase consumption.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris by JustinBieberVEVO 3 years ago 859,231,811 views
- At the internal revenue serice level it is not difficult to identify the inventor of a product or service they are taxable so are the salary's.
- Why would a RN to a terminally-ll child would walk out of her job & never say goodby to her patient?