Health myths debunked
A couple of U.S. researchers delved into the science behind common health beliefs passed on by moms and doctors alike such as:
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Reading in dim light can ruin your eyesight
- Humans only use 10 percent of their brains
- Eating turkey makes one sleepy
- Shaving hair makes it grow back thicker
What they found and shared in a report in the British Medical Journal was that these myths were either untrue or lacking scientific evidence necessary to back them up.
Huh. I always suspected the 8 glasses of water a day rule was a created by toilet paper companies to increase consumption.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Locating election information former governor foia or court order?
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))