Hot on HuffPost Parents:
Croc Hunter's son gets first snake bite
Somehow, I have the feeling the children of crocodile hunter Steven Irwin have completely different notations in their baby books than my kids.
Four-year-old Robert Irwin was passed his official initiation into the Irwin family lore by sustaining his very first snake bite from a baby boa constrictor earlier this week.
"He picked one of them up and it bit him on the finger, and he was so proud to have copped his first hit," Irwin's widow, Terri. "He said, 'I hope it wasn't venomous,' so I assured Robert I wouldn't actually let him play with venomous snakes."
Robert's big sister Bindi was bitten by her first snake when she was 18 months old, so she definitely reached the Bitten by a Snake mileston first, but Robert "helped" his father feed a crocodile when he was only one month old, photos of which started a rare backlash against the beloved Australian animal proponent for appearing to be putting his infant son in danger.
Steve Irwin was killed by a stingray barb to the heart while filming underwater in 2006.