CPSC baby crib safety tips
Filed under: Newborns, Babies, Health & Safety: Babies, Shopping and recalls, Decor, Baby Essentials, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Day Care & Education, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Toddlers Preschoolers, Baby-sitting, Feeding & Sleeping, Development/Milestones: Babies, Research Reveals: Babies
Thirty-percent of these crib deaths were blamed on older cribs in bad condition with broken or missing parts or loose hardware as well as entrapment due to ill-fitting mattresses. The rest of the reported crib-related deaths were due to accessories in and around the crib (such as cords and curtain tie-backs), cribs that had been altered, or the infant becoming entrapped between the crib and another piece of furniture or a wall.
The sad fact is that many crib-related deaths are totally preventable and the CPSC urges parents to:
- Reduce the risk of SIDS and suffocation by placing baby on his or her back when sleeping in a crib that meets current safety standards.
- Never use a pillow as a mattress for baby to sleep on or to prop up his or her neck.
- Never use old, broken or modified cribs and regularly check and tighten crib hardware.
- Never allow a gap larger than two fingers at any point between the sides of the crib and the mattress.
- Never place a crib near a window with blind or curtain cords.
- Properly set up play yards and use only the mattress provided. Don't add extra mattresses, pillows or cushions to the play yard.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Court Filings and Court Records updated daily Go Back Lawsuit or other court case details PlaintiffBROOKS, ZINA EULLETECase #DF-00-20075 Defendant HIC...
- Would you request up front payment from foreign nation and a recurring debt with the united states
- Do people ever get a civil trial this is too many dismissals with out a response from defendants