Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Franne Golde and Syd Fox: Love More, Fear Less: A Mother and Her…
- Dr. Peggy Drexler: The Breadwinner Complex: Are Women Apologizing For…
Latest nursing aid: knitted breasts
Filed under: Newborns, Toddlers Preschoolers, Your Pregnancy, Health & Safety: Babies, Development/Milestones: Babies, In The News, Day Care & Education, Feeding & Sleeping, Baby-sitting, Research Reveals: Babies, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers
It sounds like joke: What do you get when you combine bored knitters and breastfeeding difficulties? Knit tits!
Anyone who's ever been assisted by a lactation "expert" knows it's a very hands-on experience, involving a stranger (usually with tuna fish breath in my experience) getting up close and personal with your breasts. A knitting group in Lancashire, England has started creating knit breasts to be used with dolls to help demonstrate teach proper breastfeeding techniques to new and expectant mothers.
Kate Green, secretary of the knitting group made up of more than 30 members ranging in age from their 20s to 80s, said: "Our members have been really enjoying knitting the breasts. We are always on the look out for worthwhile things to knit. The breasts are something a bit different to the blankets and jumpers our knitters usually make."
I'm sure non-manhandled new mothers are very grateful.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Is permission required from both parents in every state . to become a foster parent? are there name's changed; would i need a court order
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )
- What's the penalty for falsley claiming relation to a person does it have to be for monetary gain or proven not just a social gesture