Share your birth story in six words or less
Filed under: Newborns, Just For Moms, Your Pregnancy, Playground Bureau, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development/Milestones: Babies, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Toddlers Preschoolers, Baby-sitting, Feeding & Sleeping, Day Care & Education, Health & Safety: Babies, Research Reveals: Babies
If you had asked me -- in the middle of active labor -- to share my birth story, the above sentence would have summed it up nicely. But immediately afterward, with the product of that long, hard, messy, but life-changing process nuzzling quietly in my arms, well, it might have been slightly more sentimental:
"My heart is yours. But ow."
Doulicia recently asked her readers to share their birth stories in six words or less. The result is a stunning collection of experiences -- hilarious, emotional, and some, utterly heart-breaking. Here's a sampling:
- Baby came out. I came alive.
- "Are you comfortable? ARE YOU KIDDING??"
- Disabled mom has gloriously normal birth.
- Front seat, 60 MPH, early morning, WOW!
- I can't. You can. She's here.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Hickman vs. federal election commission and internal revenue servise
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )