Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Zoe Armstrong: Five Ways to Fake a Break and Avoid Parenting Burnout
- Lianne Castelino and Andrea Howick: How Do You Deal With Nightmare…
Use your summer vacation to change the world
If your child is between the ages of five and fourteen, this summer he or she can help change the world by helping to rid it of malaria. According to this, Malaria kills over 3,000 children a day. Malaria is transmitted through the bite of a mosquito. A simple solution? A $10 mosquito net.
Brooke White, of American Idol fame, along with American Idol Gives Back and Malaria No More, are championing efforts to rid the world of Malaria. This summer, they're urging children to use their summer vacations to do the same. White says she is inspired to be a part of the campaign and is amazed by the youth these days--according to her, they're "the most globally-conscious and actively engaged the world has ever seen."
Ideas to help this summer include turning summer-time activities like carwashes and lemonade stands into fundraisers, putting that time in front of the computers to use by social networking to spread info on and awareness of the cause, and designing T-shirts with witty slogans to help spread the word. For more information on how to fight malaria, as well as three other cool ideas to help fight the battle, click here.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Does the dc superior court represent the irs in a civil filing or does the irs have attorneys?
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- Motion to reopen case 2013 derian d. Hickman v. Internal revenue service superior court dc