Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Franne Golde and Syd Fox: Love More, Fear Less: A Mother and Her…
- Dr. Peggy Drexler: The Breadwinner Complex: Are Women Apologizing For…
Parents sue baby bottle makers
Filed under: Newborns, Babies, Toddlers Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Babies, Nutrition: Health, Development/Milestones: Babies, Day Care & Education, Baby Essentials, Feeding & Sleeping, Baby-sitting, Research Reveals: Babies, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers
The American Chemistry Council, which represents chemical makers including those that manufacture BPA, says that there is nothing to worry about and that BPA is safe, even for babies. According to Stephen Russell, plastics director for the ACC, government studies "have been strong, uniform and clear, that at the levels to which consumers are exposed, BPA base materials do not pose a risk to consumers."
Wal-Mart, the largest retailer in the world, however, decided to pull all bottles containing BPA despite the government's and trade group's assurances that it was safe. Toys R Us has done the same. I don't know if BPA is safe for babies or not, but it seems to me that this is one area in which it's easy enough to play it safe.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
- Would you request up front payment from foreign nation and a recurring debt with the united states