Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Louise Pennington: Teenage Pregnancy, Patriarchal Hypocrisy and…
- 'Rules Of Engagement' 100th Episode Series Finale
Gyllenhaal puts parenting skills to work
There's a lot to appreciate Maggie Gyllenhaal for--she's a great actor who tackles thoughtful roles. Perhaps the producers of her new movie appreciate her even more now that she's a mom. Gyllenhaal recently used her parenting skills on the set of the movie Farlanders to calm two of her co-stars.
Gyllenhaal is starring in the film, her first since becoming a parent in 2006, alongside eleven-month-old twins. At one point the babies were crying incessantly and unable to be stopped. Gyllenhaal slipped into mother mode and calmed them so filming could continue.
Maggie thanks her lucky stars she was a mother and had learned those skills. Says Gyllenhaal, "If I had not been a mom and known how to calm a baby, talk and hold the baby, the whole day would've been wasted." She also stated that she felt like a mom the whole day, not just at home but also on the set. Brings new meaning to the term 'working mother,' eh? good work, Maggie!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- My mom's boyfriend molested my sister, my mom doesn't believe her.
- Cant upload foia for federal election commission primary election results or general for derian douglas hickman or the e-mail
- patent or not civil case the inventor will never lose because the people approved and he makes the rules. it did not exist