DailyDish: Make the Most Out of Rest Stops
No doubt about it, attempting a trip that involves children cooped up inside a vehicle is a challenge.
Make the most of out pit stops by packing items that will promote the burning of energy while on the road:
- Container of bubbles
- Squishy, soft balls
- Jump ropes
Instead of standing around at rest stops, get everyone moving by:
- Doing group calisthenics: jumping jacks, knee lifts, toe touches (and sit ups and push ups if there is a clean, grassy area)
- Use stopwatch to see who can break their last personal record of jump rope rotations completed in a set time (2 minutes is good)
- Chase and catch bubbles
- Playing a quick game of Frisbee or Frisbee golf (see how many throws it takes to hit an object like a tree trunk, sign, or trash can)
- Make up relay games (Race to big tree, run around it three times, skip to big rock, hop on one foot back to the sidewalk, etc.) that encourage muscle stretching and calorie burning
With just a little creative adult direction, rest stops can be as memorable as the trip itself!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Locating election information former governor foia or court order?
- Court Filings and Court Records updated daily Go Back Lawsuit or other court case details PlaintiffBROOKS, ZINA EULLETECase #DF-00-20075 Defendant HIC...
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )