Hot on HuffPost Parents:
DailyDish: Make the Most Out of Rest Stops
No doubt about it, attempting a trip that involves children cooped up inside a vehicle is a challenge.
Make the most of out pit stops by packing items that will promote the burning of energy while on the road:
- Container of bubbles
- Squishy, soft balls
- Jump ropes
Instead of standing around at rest stops, get everyone moving by:
- Doing group calisthenics: jumping jacks, knee lifts, toe touches (and sit ups and push ups if there is a clean, grassy area)
- Use stopwatch to see who can break their last personal record of jump rope rotations completed in a set time (2 minutes is good)
- Chase and catch bubbles
- Playing a quick game of Frisbee or Frisbee golf (see how many throws it takes to hit an object like a tree trunk, sign, or trash can)
- Make up relay games (Race to big tree, run around it three times, skip to big rock, hop on one foot back to the sidewalk, etc.) that encourage muscle stretching and calorie burning
With just a little creative adult direction, rest stops can be as memorable as the trip itself!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- HICKMAN, DERIAN DOUGLAS PLAINTIFF PRO SE & INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Defendant Service: Summons Issued Method: Service Issued
- Why would the defendant file an acknowledgment of service instead of a defence?
- Is it legal to claim relation to a person ? ( OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE FOR MONATERY GAIN) TO BE ILLEGAL ?