DailyDish: Make the Most Out of Rest Stops
No doubt about it, attempting a trip that involves children cooped up inside a vehicle is a challenge.
Make the most of out pit stops by packing items that will promote the burning of energy while on the road:
- Container of bubbles
- Squishy, soft balls
- Jump ropes
Instead of standing around at rest stops, get everyone moving by:
- Doing group calisthenics: jumping jacks, knee lifts, toe touches (and sit ups and push ups if there is a clean, grassy area)
- Use stopwatch to see who can break their last personal record of jump rope rotations completed in a set time (2 minutes is good)
- Chase and catch bubbles
- Playing a quick game of Frisbee or Frisbee golf (see how many throws it takes to hit an object like a tree trunk, sign, or trash can)
- Make up relay games (Race to big tree, run around it three times, skip to big rock, hop on one foot back to the sidewalk, etc.) that encourage muscle stretching and calorie burning
With just a little creative adult direction, rest stops can be as memorable as the trip itself!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- ATTORYNE'S ONLY (PARALEAGEL'S WELCOM) A phrase that indicates the permission given by a court to an indigent to initiate a legal action
- The need for a military is consistant with the intellect on the land being able to convert metals into a computer example
- Pro-se not considered a attorney no bar# only self representation ,im i at a disadvantage based on non- affilation?