Poison ivy - Baby touched a bad, bad thing
My teenager asked me to look at some bug bites on his back the other morning. The Cross Country team had been taking long runs through the woods and he thought something had chewed him up while he ran the trails.
A half hour later, we were sitting at the doctor's office. The itching and burning was actually poison ivy and it was spreading rapidly. My son was given a predisone shot, oral medications, and a cream to be applied twice a day. However, that left many itchy hours in between.
After conferring with friends, researching on the internet, and talking to local homeopaths, here's what we ended up trying:
- Rhus Toxicodendron (known as "rhus tox") is a homeopathic pill that my son says relieves the itch almost immediately after it dissolves under the tongue
- Soaking in a bath of tepid water and apple cider vinegar or baking soda 2 or 3xs a day
- Vitamin C to promote healing of the skin
- Black Walnut capsules which are supposed to help the body fight the poison ivy toxins
- Burt's Bees poison ivy soap
Of course, if your child found leaves of three and didn't let them be, check with your doctor before trying any of these treatments out. Good luck!
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- 50 million people vote and 25% do not vote for you =12.5 million would you really want your image on tv after position ended(you r your entity
- Locating election information former governor foia or court order?
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN