Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Linda Bloom LCSW and Charlie Bloom MSW: Overwhelmed Parents: A…
- Allison Tate: What I Would Like to Tell My Son's 5th Grade Teacher Now
The simple way to keep fingernails clean
Has enough dirt accumulated under your child's fingernails to grow a garden this summer?
Keeping germs and grime away is simple and requires just one thing: a bar of soap.
But instead of lathering up after digging in the dirt, have your child rake their fingernails across the soap before heading out to play.
The soap will fill the area under the nails, allowing no space for the dirt. When it's time to come in and wash up for snacks, the soap will dissolve and leaving behind only sparkly clean fingernails.
It should go without saying that this little trick should only be used with children old enough to understand that sucking their thumb or picking at their eyes with soap encrusted fingers would be a bad idea, but we'll throw it out there anyway.
Too bad this trick wouldn't work for the ears....................
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would you request up front payment from foreign nation and a recurring debt with the united states
- Does the dc superior court represent the irs in a civil filing or does the irs have attorneys?
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...