Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Caron Gremont: Obesity's Officially a Disease, So How Come My Child…
- Karri-Leigh P. Mastrangelo: Am I Going to Hell For My Position on…
Legos go Hollywood (again)
OK, celebrities appearing as Legos is AWESOME. Well, at the very least it's humorous. I don't know if you played with Legos as a kid, or if your children enjoy them, but Legos have withstood the test of time.
Legos were first created in 1932. Today, children around the world spend about 5 billion hours playing with Legos. How did Legos gain such popularity? They've continually modernized and played into pop culture wherever possible.
Some old Lego figures, for example, sported mustaches, when those were popular. There are plenty of female Lego people and those of color as well. Then, of course, there were the Star Wars Lego's. Now, Legos are taking on Hollywood. They proudly offer likenesses of Madonna, complete with some sort of bullet-bra inspired corset-wear and a gap-toothed grin, and Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, with a mini-Lego baby attached to the front of each character. You can tell which on is Ange based on the ridiculous size of her lips.
Other celebs given the go are Amy Winehouse and the Beckhams, which includes Victoria Beckham as Lego Posh, who is wearing fashionable clothes. Seriously, I can't stop laughing when I look at these. I don't know if they're intended to be collectors items, but they are pretty hilarious. Lego versions of Indiana Jones are also available.
And, here's a parting question: Who would YOU like to see as a Lego?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would you request up front payment from foreign nation and a recurring debt with the united states
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013
- If a governor or former military general was not on tv you you believe he was if you were told