Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Zoe Armstrong: Five Ways to Fake a Break and Avoid Parenting Burnout
- How To Help Victims Of The Tornado
Gifts for everyone!
Filed under: Holidays
It is that time of year again - Halloween has passed, Thanksgiving is mere weeks away and Christmas is right around the corner. Before things get too hectic, now is a good time to start thinking about gifts for all those special people in your child's life. And that is where you come in. How do you show your appreciation for the bus driver, the teacher, the babysitter, or that nice lady down the street who never fails to offer a smile and sometimes a cookie to your little one?
To get you in the gift-giving mood, I'll go first and share my favorite teacher gift with you. Take a snapshot of your child - a full body shot works best - and have copies made for each gift you intend to give. Trim the photos around the image of your child and glue to a Popsicle stick. Place each stick in the pot of a small, live plant dressed up with a pretty ribbon. To the ribbon, attach a handwritten note from your child that reads "Thank you for helping me grow." This gift never fails to please and works just as well for babysitters and others who have an impact on your child's life.
Okay, now it is your turn. Share your ideas in the comments and in a few weeks, I will share them with our readers. What do you give to the important people in your child's life?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- While attempting to explain consider who your explaining to. building a government may seem like gilligan's island to a person that can't
- . two ways to lose property's selling or debt ( debt property is sold to pay debt) the debt has to be proved) court managing property?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.