Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Zoe Armstrong: Five Ways to Fake a Break and Avoid Parenting Burnout
- Lianne Castelino and Andrea Howick: How Do You Deal With Nightmare…
Bringing home (the wrong) baby
Filed under: Toddlers Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Babies, Development/Milestones: Babies, Weird But True, Day Care & Education, Feeding & Sleeping, Baby-sitting, Research Reveals: Babies, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers
No, the hospital had not been mistaken about the sex of the Zahariuc's newborn baby - they had sent the new parents home with the wrong newborn baby. Apparently the little boy they were given had a very similar last name - Zaharia - and was situated in a cot right next to Ana Maria's.
Obviously, the confused parents immediately called the hospital where they were treated like pranksters. "It was very strange though. We were calling the hospital to tell them about the confusion and they were hanging up on us saying we should stop fooling around. They thought we were playing tricks on them," said new dad Constantin Zahariuc.
I guess all is well that ends well, but imagine how different things could have turned out. If the Zaharia infant had been a girl, there is a good chance the mix up might never have been detected. Tragedy averted thanks to a penis!
Unusual Places Babies are Born(click thumbnails to view gallery)
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Justin Bieber - Baby ft. Ludacris by JustinBieberVEVO 3 years ago 859,231,811 views
- While attempting to explain consider who your explaining to. building a government may seem like gilligan's island to a person that can't
- What's the penalty for falsley claiming relation to a person does it have to be for monetary gain or proven not just a social gesture