Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Lisa Belkin: The Tornado In Oklahoma Is This Parent's Living Nightmare
- Jenn Horton: Every Mom Deserves Your Nod
California Mom Delivers 14-Pound Baby
Filed under: Toddlers Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Babies, Development/Milestones: Babies, In The News, Weird But True, Day Care & Education, Feeding & Sleeping, Baby-sitting, Research Reveals: Babies, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers
The reason for her exclamation? Richard Junior's size -- 14 pounds, 2 ounces. Little Richard was so big, it took two doctors to lift him out of his mother's womb during delivery.
Let's all take a minute to recover from that thought, shall we?
The baby is likely the biggest ever to be born in Orange County, and his parents say he's already outgrown his car seat, as well as most of his newborn clothes waiting for him at home. Doctors blame Richard's size on gestational diabetes, which mom Sara developed during pregnancy. But baby and mom are now doing well.
Ultrasounds can often tell us the size of our babies, but they're far from perfect. Were you ever surprised at birth by a baby that was bigger or smaller than you expected?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Is permission required from both parents in every state . to become a foster parent? are there name's changed; would i need a court order
- Cant upload foia for federal election commission primary election results or general for derian douglas hickman or the e-mail
- Is it legal to claim relation to a person ? ( OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE FOR MONATERY GAIN) TO BE ILLEGAL ?