Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Mitch Kellaway: Father's Day as a Transgender Man
- Melissa Sher: The 7 Annoying People You'll Meet When Pregnant
UPS Man Really Delivers
Filed under: Toddlers Preschoolers, Health & Safety: Babies, Development/Milestones: Babies, In The News, Weird But True, Day Care & Education, Feeding & Sleeping, Baby-sitting, Research Reveals: Babies, Nutrition: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Babies, Health & Safety: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Development: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Behavior: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Activities: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Gear Guides: Babies, Gear Guides: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Research Reveals: Toddlers & Preschoolers, Expert Advice: Toddlers & Preschoolers
buzzybee on sxc
Suserl on sxc
clix on sxc
woodsy on sxc
clix on sxc
crashmattb on flickr
thesaint on sxc
biewoef on sxc
jeinny on sxc
Amelia Yvonne Ramirez is the fifth Ramirez child, so her parents weren't expecting anything out of the ordinary. Even before they could make it out the door on the way to the hospital, however, Amelia decided she wanted out. "I said, 'No, it can't be coming," said Ramirez, 34. "It can't. That's not even in the realm of reality.'"
But indeed it was. With his wife, Lisa, 31, standing up and leaning on the sofa, Ramirez knelt down and his daughter slid right into his arms. "I basically went by what I had seen the doctors doing for the other four babies," he said. "I thought, 'I can't do this.' But there was nothing else I could do. It was me. That's it. I said, 'Craig, it's all you, man.' "
Little Amelia started crying immediately, a good sign. And with a little bit of help from a 911 operator, Craig used a shoelace from his New Balance running shoes to tie off the umbilical cord. Both Amelia and her parents are doing great.
Ramirez says he can't wait to hear the 911 tape of his call, but he's not looking forward to the delivery jokes when he returns to UPS. "Wow, I can't believe I delivered one of my children," he said. "I'm glad it went well... My work is going to have a field day."
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- patent or not civil case the inventor will never lose because the people approved and he makes the rules. it did not exist
- Here in dc since dec, 6 2006 retired FED BOARD GOV,inventor ,writter, FORMER GOVERNOR (founder of the republic of )DERIAN DOUGLAS HICKMAN
- LAW SCHOOL OR COPYCAT would'nt it be a difficult profession ( lawyer)if anyone could use your court case defense as plaintiff or defendant