Maclaren Volo Stroller
Filed under: Baby Essentials
Finding the right stroller for your family's lifestyle can be a daunting challenge. It's just that there are SO MANY out there to choose from! Over the past couple of years, my needs have changed from requiring a stroller with all the bells and whistles to something that I can quickly get in and out of my trunk while running my daily errands. Simple, lightweight and easy to maintain- that's what matters to me the most.
Touted by Maclaren as "the lightest and simplest for life on the go", I had the chance to put their Volo stroller through the ringer. Twice. You see, I have been an owner of the 2006 Volo for several years, and it has been on countless errands, road trips and over 40 plane flights. The Volo has gotten the job done, but not without some complaints on my end. For this reason, I was very intrigued to try out the new model. I'm happy to say it did not disappoint by any stretch of the imagination.
Tried and True - Maclaren Volo(click thumbnails to view gallery)
In order to review the new Maclaren Volo, let's take a step back and look at the top three issues I had with the older model.
- The straps would become endlessly twisted, and it would take several minutes to untwist and get the buckle closed properly. (The total number of profanities muttered under my breath due to this issue reached the thousands.)
- The light gray hood was not removable and became disgustingly dirty.
- Locking the parking brake on each wheel separately was a mild pain in the rear.
I was also happy to see that the parking brakes had been improved. Instead of requiring each wheel to be locked separately, the rear wheel brakes are linked. Just one depression of the foot will unlock both wheels, and as a busy parent, I'll take any help I can get.
Most importantly, you can open or close the stroller with one arm in 5 seconds while holding your baby in the other. (As you can see here.) I have personally tested this in many locales, including the airport security line and it works like a charm.
Some other 2009 Maclaren features are:
- 4.0kg / 8.8lb (without hood, shopping basket or rain cover)
- Carrying capacity up to 15kg / 55lb (US)
- 6 months +
- Removable hood
- Water resistant
- Foot-operated linked parking brakes
- Ergonomically optimized, foam insulated handles
- Breathable mesh seat (removable too!)
- Height adjustable shoulder harness
- Rain cover
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- How can anyone have the patience to actually have children? Your life is nothing but mindless repetition with no end to it. Even when they grow up you...
- inventions become professions and you should to get paid to go to school. guy wont's to retire one day degree no good ........ ...
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.