Harry Potter Star Recovering from the Swine Flu
"It has just been confirmed that Rupert Grint has taken a few days out of filming due to a mild bout of swine flu," says the actor's spokesman in a statement. "He has now recovered and is looking forward to joining his fellow cast members at the junket and premieres this week, and he will then return to filming."
That premiere, this Tuesday in London, is for the eagerly anticipated "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince." Swine flu cases in the UK have tripled in the last week, rising to 6,929 cases At 20 years old, Grint and his cast mates are the swine flu's prime targets -- young adults. Luckily, like most cases, Grint's appears to have been uncomplicated.
Grint may just be the first celebrity with a confirmed case of swine flu, but David Beckham's got a connection to the nasty bug too. His niece, 11-year-old Georgiana Every, caught swine flu after staying at an adventure camp. "If I had known she would come back so sick, I would have forfeited the money," says her mom Lynne.
Though parents had been warned about an outbreak at the camp at the PGL Centre in Surrey, they'd been told they'd lose their deposit if their kids didn't attend.
Have you or your family been affected by the swine flu?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.