Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Louise Pennington: Teenage Pregnancy, Patriarchal Hypocrisy and…
- 'Rules Of Engagement' 100th Episode Series Finale
6-Year-Old Shoots Hole-in-One With SpongeBob Golf Ball
So much so, that when he hit the links with his parents on July 6 -- his fourth time on the course -- he teed up his SpongeBob ball on the eighth hole and hit it 85 yards for a hole-in-one.
His parents -- who both play golf but have never gotten their own hole-in-one -- were properly awed.
"It was wild," laughed dad Travis Furlow, describing how his son's ball bounced down the fairway and landed in the hole. "It was a lot of fun to watch it happen."
But Braeden's dad doesn't want this one success to go to his son's head.
"I told him he should stop playing because I don't want him to set the expectations too high on a regular basis," Furlow told the News Advocate of Manistee, MI. And while telling a 6-year-old to quit a new sport might seem extreme, Furlow clearly knows his son. "I want to play golf," Braeden told the paper. "When I'm golfing, I'm going to work on getting a hole-in-one."
We hope he'll work on more than just an ace -- clearly, he's got the potential, or luck, to be a great golfer. We see SpongeBob endorsement in his future.
Deena Lyn Furlow/Manistee News Advocate
Tony Dejak, AP
Mary Ann Chastain, AP
Pavel Horejsi, AP
Tony Duffy, Allsport / Getty Images
Ken Levine, Allsport / Getty Images
John Storey, Time & Life Pictures / Getty Images
Tony Duffy, Getty Images
Paul Harris, Online USA / Getty Images
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Would you want to to pick your own security . ? im sure they get homes paid for by the state or political party also. 18 =20 votes before 98
- 3 SHOWS A HOUR 7 HOURS = 21 (10 DAYS = 210) 10 STUDIOS = 2100 20 STUDIOS = 4200 (IN 10 DAYS) 3 (20 MINUTE SHOWS).
- Motion to reopen case 2013 derian d. Hickman v. Internal revenue service superior court dc