Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- PHOTO: Virgin Mary Figure Appears With Child Battling Leukemia
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development'
American Girl's Newest Doll is Homeless
The Wisconsin-based company, whose Web site declares that it celebrates girls and all they can be, is well-known for its tasteful, well-researched dolls reflecting certain periods in American history. Now, Gwen Thompson joins the company's line.
Gwen's story is told through another doll's biography, which, according to The New York Post, is decidedly modern: Her father ran out on the family and her mother lost her job. By winter, the fatherless family is living in their car. The doll sells for $95 and is available online or at American Girl retail locations.
We took a pause when we heard about a homeless doll. What do you think?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Do people ever get a civil trial this is too many dismissals with out a response from defendants
- My daughter (14 yrs) was just kicked out of her Girl Scout Cadettes troop. Her offense? Having ADD (not hyperactive) and she wasn't picking up on a tr...
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.