Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Rev. Susan Baller-Shepard: Wild And Precious Lives: Godspeed…
- 27 Fantastic Books For Kids Of All Ages
Sesame Street Goes to Israel
"Sesame Street" already has an Israeli version called "Rechov Sumsum." "Shalom Sesame" is initially intended for the "North American Jewish community and the rest of the English-speaking Jewish world," according to Labin. The content might be repackaged at some point and translated into other languages, such as Russian and French.
"The idea is that this new content is as broad based as possible" in an attempt to reach the widest number of Jewish people, Labin added.
The new series will be available December 2010 on DVD, online and possibly on broadcast television as well. If that seems like a long time for fans to wait, Labin assures us that it will be worth it. In addition to filming new segments in Israel with Grover and other Muppet favorites, celebrities such as Jake Gyllenhaal, Christina Applegate, Debra Messing and Cedric the Entertainer will appear in sketches that will be filmed in the United States.
Now if only we can get Grover to broker a long-standing peace deal. Talk about sunny days.
Related: Elmo Makes a Flu PSA
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- HICKMAN, DERIAN DOUGLAS PLAINTIFF PRO SE & INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Defendant Service: Summons Issued Method: Service Issued
- Copyright royaly board understanding building a radio or tv (song sound good got your own radio)?
- Why should anyone listen to a _____, what makes her an expert? Harpo is jus an actress, all she does is sit on her tush & claim she knows it all. ...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.