Recall: Adventure Playsets
Filed under: Alerts & Recalls
Working with the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the Amarillo, Texas company has put out an official recall of the Adventure Playsets Wooden Play Sets, effective immediately.
According to the CPSC alert, the plastic coated lumber on the horizontal ladder (monkey bar/swing beam) can weaken over time due to rotting of the whitewood. The weakening of the structure has already caused 16 injuries, including nine emergency room visits by kids who suffered arm fractures, lacerations, scrapes and bruises.
The recall involves wooden play sets with swings, slides and ladders. The sets involved in the recall have an overhead monkey bar ladder, which functions as both a monkey bar and swing beam. The sets also have an end ladder coated in cranberry or green plastic. The model numbers involved in the recall are as follows:
- Durango 1-AP016 and 1- AP018
- Yukon 1-AP052
- Tacoma 1- AP017 and 1-AP051
- El Dorado 1-AP016
- Bellevue 1-AP048, and 1-AP012
- Dakota 1- AP046
- Sherwood 1-AP049
- Sedona 1- AP002
- Ventura 1-AP008
- Madison 1- AP006 and 1-AP015
- Belmont 1-AP003
Parents can fill out a form on the Adventure Playsets website to obtain replacement parts, or call the company at 877-840-9068 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. central time Monday through Friday for more information on how to proceed.
Related: More consumer alerts and recalls.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- ,PASSPORT'S AND THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE (TRAVELERS TO A GOVERNMENT( THE PEOPLE WOULD BE (ON VACATION OR WORKING ) = 0% UNEMPLOYMENT
- Court Filings and Court Records updated daily Go Back Lawsuit or other court case details PlaintiffBROOKS, ZINA EULLETECase #DF-00-20075 Defendant HIC...
- A motion to dismiss filed; is also using a motion to avoid perjury(having to testify under oath) correct?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.