Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- WATCH: 12-Year-Old Piano Prodigy Uses His Music As Medicine
- Breaking The Paternity Leave Barrier: The Rest Of The Story
Double Strollers: Buying Guide
Filed under: Baby Essentials
Double strollers are just one baby essential when you have young children, but what do you need to look for when shopping for one? You'll need to consider your lifestyle. How big is it an how much does it weigh? Will it fit in the car or subway? How roomy is the stroller for each child? How much storage room is there? And, is that storage room accessible? You'll also want to check to see if the company that manufacturers your stroller has been the subject of any recalls.
There are the different types of twin strollers: side-by-side, tandem, convertible or sit-and-stand strollers. Consumer Search has compiled double stroller reviews and has made recommendations for the best double strollers.
In early November 2009, Consumer Search's top picks for double strollers are the Combi Twin Sport (budget side-by-side), the Graco Quattro Tour Duo (tandem), the Graco DuoGlider (budget tandem), Phil & Ted's Sport Buggy Double (convertible) and Joovy Caboose Ultralight (sit-and-stand). The Maclaren Twin Techno (side-by-side) was also listed as a top pick, but it is among nine models that were recalled by Maclaren USA in November 2009.
Whenever parents purchase baby gear -- from strollers to high chairs -- they must be aware of safety concerns. That's why parents should always check a Consumer Reports resource that lists recall warnings.
Additionally, if you register your double stroller with the manufacturer after purchasing, the company will contact you if the stroller is ever recalled.
Check out ParentDish's coverage on Baby Essentials and Shopping.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- What is the TFI ORGANIZATION IN KS?
- Cant upload foia for federal election commission primary election results or general for derian douglas hickman or the e-mail
- If i own all or most of the property in dc think the mayor already knows. president and others including Embassies. on my property for 20 +years