Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Zoe Armstrong: Five Ways to Fake a Break and Avoid Parenting Burnout
- How To Help Victims Of The Tornado
Mom Says: I Am Not an Exotic Dancer, I Work at Home Depot
Any mom will agree that kids come up with the darndest things. When it's in the privacy of your own home it's usually funny. But when something is said or done in front of others, well, it can be downright humiliating.
Take this drawing, which was turned in as a piece of homework, for example. Her picture clearly shows mommy as a popular stripper and left mom with some explaining. Her follow-up note to the teacher is below:
Dear Mrs. Jones,There's been some speculation to the authenticity of this viral picture. Is the mom really a stripper and trying to save face? Is the photo even real? After all, that's awfully neat handwriting for a young girl who draws with stick figures.
I wish to clarify that I am not now, nor have I ever been, an exotic dancer.
I work at Home Depot and I told my daughter how hectic it was last week before the blizzard hit. I told her we sold out every single shovel we had, and then I found one more in the back room, and that several people were fighting over who would get it. Her picture doesn't show me dancing around a pole. It's supposed to depict me selling the last snow shovel we had at Home Depot.
From now on I will remember to check her homework more thoroughly before she turns it in.
We think it's a hoax, but knowing what kids are capable of, anything is possible. What do you think?
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Discuss Derian douglas hickman's answer to: 01/16/2013 Order Sua Sponte to/for: Entered 2 day's before initial scheduling conference 01/16/2013
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )
- What's the penalty for falsley claiming relation to a person does it have to be for monetary gain or proven not just a social gesture
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.