Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- 27 Fantastic Books For Kids Of All Ages
- Mike Ryan: Ben Affleck Bids Bill Hader & Fred Armisen A Fond Farewell
'Gossip Girl's' Taylor Momsen Doesn't Bleepin' Care About Being a Role Model
Here are some more quips from Momsen's Times interview:
- On the popularity of "Gossip Girl": "It's insane. I literally can't go out without being interrupted. It's wild."
- On not caring what people think of her: "Online, there's a thousand people who are just so mean. There are so many negative comments about just the pettiest things that you can't even read it."
- On being a finalist for the lead in "Hannah Montana": "Honestly, if I'd have ended up as Hannah Montana, I don't know if the show would have gone as well. I probably would have told them all to go f*** themselves by the time I hit 11. And I don't know how that would have gone down. It's great for Miley, but I really like where I am right now and I feel really fortunate to be able to really be myself."
- On hanging out with older people: "I have, like, no friends my age."
- On fashion: "I loooove Chanel. And YSL. And Balmain. And Alexander Wang."
- On her grungy look: "My favorite blogs are where you get the mothers saying, 'She's the worst influence on my daughter, I would never let my daughter dress like that', or, 'This girl's such a whore, she's a slut'. And I'm, like, you're a mother! And I'm 16."
- On accessories: "I like wearing garters. Apparently people think that's a big deal, but my tights won't stay up. So whatever you want to do with that information ..."
- On the price of fame: "I can't try on a jacket without people taking pictures and posting them online. I mean, I'm 16 and I can't get away with anything. My mother finds out everything. Other teenagers -- they have lots of freedom!"
Related: Taylor Momsen, Lindsay Lohan Protege
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.