New Barbie Basics Doll is All About the Accessories
Dressed in a simple Little Black Dress, Barbie's accessories are totally customizable and give girls permission to play dress up. Available in 12 different faces sculpts, hairdos and LBDs for $20 each, you add your own accessories -- available in $15 packages that include purses, belts, scarves, laptops, sunglasses and even coffee cups and compacts.
And since Barbie is so fashion-conscious, it's no surprise Mattel has joined forces with the Council of Fashion Designers of America in launching the new doll. Each Barbie Basics box features a quote from a CFDA member ("The Little Black Dress is all you ever need..." says Betsey Johnson), and, Women's Wear Daily reports, 12 CFDA members have accessorized the dolls -- with some even creating their own tiny LBDs.
The designer dolls will be auctioned on eBay Jan. 28 through Feb. 7, WWD says, with an opening bid of $100. All net proceeds will benefit CFDA's educational initiatives and scholarship program.
In the coming months, BarbieCollector.com reports, customized Barbie Basics dolls from some of CFDA's most respected members will be revealed.
Desingers participating in the acution include Isaac Mizrahi, Rachel Roy, Justin Giunta, Lorraine Schwartz, Alexis Bittar, Monica Botkier, Deborah Lloyd of Kate Spade, Albertus Swanepoel and Devi Kroell, WWD reports. Some of the looks, according the site:
- Tory Burch: "I love something sparkling for evening. It can be a simple silhouette, but with unique details like sequins or beadwork. Of course, add a bold necklace."
- Philip Crangi: He gave Barbie her own Giles chain necklace, some oversize rhinestone bangles and tiny nailhead stud earrings.
- Betsey Johnson: "... I took inspiration from the impractical hoopskirts that I love to use every fashion show. She's a mix of a punky devil and a pretty mistress."
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Court Filings and Court Records updated daily Go Back Lawsuit or other court case details PlaintiffBROOKS, ZINA EULLETECase #DF-00-20075 Defendant HIC...
- Why would a RN to a terminally-ll child would walk out of her job & never say goodby to her patient?
- .Lockheed Martin’s slogan is “we never forget who we’re working for.”
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.