Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Zoe Armstrong: Five Ways to Fake a Break and Avoid Parenting Burnout
- How To Help Victims Of The Tornado
The Votes Are In: Barbie Will Be a ... Computer Engineer!
Barbie is trading her pom poms for laptop.
After Barbie asked the world to help her choose her 125th career, the votes are in. She's now pursuing a career as a computer engineer!
Barbie designers worked with the Society of Women Engineers and the National Academy of Engineering to create Computer Engineer Barbie's wardrobe and accessories.
According to a Mattel press release, Computer Engineer Barbie will be rocking a "geek chic" look with a binary code-patterned tee and accessories like a smart phone, Bluetooth headset and laptop travel bag.
"As a computer engineer, Barbie will show girls that women can turn their ideas into realities that have a direct and positive impact on people's everyday lives in this exciting and rewarding career," Nora Lin, President, Society of Women Engineers, said in a Barbie press release.
We've always thought that women could do anything they wanted, and we're glad Barbie has caught up. What took her so long? Maybe associating computer engineers and the term "geek" has something to do with it.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- PLAINTIFF’S MOTION FOR JUDGMENT ON THE PLEADINGS AS TO THE ANSWER BY DEFENDANTS ______________________________. Plaintiff, ________________________ h...
- Federal reserve board of governors appointments ( understanding owning a tv image )
- What's the penalty for falsley claiming relation to a person does it have to be for monetary gain or proven not just a social gesture
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.