Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Lisa Belkin: The Tornado In Oklahoma Is This Parent's Living Nightmare
- Jenn Horton: Every Mom Deserves Your Nod
Cafeteria Worker Charged, Teen Suspended After Food Fight
A 13-year-old girl who threw vegetables in a cafeteria worker's face sparked a fist-fight that ended with criminal charges being filed against the worker, who apparently didn't find the incident very amusing.
An unnamed student at Gilmartin Elementary School in Waterbury, Conn. tossed her veggies at 55-year-old lunch aide Rosa Robles while in the cafeteria line, the Republican-American reports. Robles then walked up to the teen and returned the favor."How do you like it?" Robles asked, according to the police report. Police spokesman Lt. Christopher Corbett tells the newspaper the girl then punched Robles in the face, sparking a fisticuffs that led to scratches on the girl's face and cut lips for both the teen and Robles.
Robles now faces charges of risk of injury to a minor, assault in the third-degree and breach of peace. The girl -- who is in fifth grade, according to Corbett -- has been suspended and will remain so until the school is able to complete an investigation of the incident.
Related: Women's Basketball Players Arrested for Assaulting Male Cheerleader
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- HICKMAN, DERIAN DOUGLAS PLAINTIFF PRO SE & INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE Defendant Service: Summons Issued Method: Service Issued
- Why did you lie and tell the world that, "The Left Behind Video game kills Jews and Atheists"?
- Copyright court case litigation? the words spoken by attorney at trial ? in defense of a product or person(or as plaintiff or defendant))
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.