Quarter of Parents Don't Discipline Kids for 'Easy Life,' Survey Finds
Filed under: In The News
More findings from the survey, according to the newspaper:
- Fifty-five percent said their own parents had been stricter with them.
- More than a third said they feared a lack of boundaries could lead to their children getting into trouble.
- Nine in 10 said they were strictly disciplined as a children. Six in 10 said they were smacked and close to half were sent to bed early.
- One in five said they had to miss dinner, and one in 10 had their "ears boxed" or their mouths washed out with soap.
- Most -- 93 percent -- said they grew up respecting their elders. Eight in 10 said one "telling-off" kept them from becoming repeat offenders.
- For those who do use discipline, three in 10 said they had sent their kids to bed early, and one in three restricted iPod, cell phone or computer access.
- One in 20 said they would do "absolutely nothing" to punish a child. "But a quarter of those polled said they wished they were more strict because their child was a tearaway," the Daily Mail reports.
Related: Effective Parenting and Disciplining Children
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Is it legal to claim relation to a person ? ( OR DOES IT HAVE TO BE FOR MONATERY GAIN) TO BE ILLEGAL ?
- .Lockheed Martin’s slogan is “we never forget who we’re working for.”
- How can anyone have the patience to actually have children? Your life is nothing but mindless repetition with no end to it. Even when they grow up you...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.