ParentDish's Top 10 School Uniform Moments in Pop Culture
Filed under: Fashion
- 2. Gossip Girl: Blair, Serena and Jenny took prep school uniforms and made them the height of fashion, with designers and magazine editors clamoring to translate the show's popularity to retail sales.
- 3. The Facts of Life: Before there was Blair Waldorf, there was Blair Warner. Watching Mrs. Garrett and her girls take the good and take the bad had many a teen wishing she could go to boarding school.
- 4. The Trouble with Angels: This 1966 coming of age movie, set in a Catholic school for girls, is sure to bring back memories for fellow Catholic school students.
- 5. Dead Poet's Society: "Oh Captain, My Captain!" Robin Williams inspires uniform-clad young men attending the Welton Academy for boys in this 1989 classic.
- 6. Curly Top: Shirley Temple and her friends at Lakeside Orphanage wear matching uniforms in this 1935 film.
- 7. Baby One More Time: Britney Spears shot to popularity with an assist from her 1998 music video, in which she dances in a sexy Catholic school girl uniform.
- 8. School of Rock: The kids are all buttoned up at their ritzy prep school until substitute teacher Dewey Finn [Jack Black] teaches them to, well, rock in 2003's hit movie.
- 9. Kill Bill Vol. 1: No, this isn't kid's fare, but once you meet Gogo Yubari, the Japanese schoolgirl assassin in Quentin Tarantino's 2003 movie, it's hard to think of school uniforms without thinking Gogo.
- 10. Mary Katherine Gallagher: Molly Shannon's "Saturday Night Live" character (who got her own movie, "Superstar," in 1999) puts the ouch -- and the funny -- in the school uniform.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- If it is a law it should be amended i was barred for 5 years for falling asleep while reading at barnes and noble dc
- Would you request up front payment from foreign nation and a recurring debt with the united states
- How can anyone have the patience to actually have children? Your life is nothing but mindless repetition with no end to it. Even when they grow up you...
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.