ParentDish's Top 10 School Uniform Moments in Pop Culture
Filed under: Fashion
- 2. Gossip Girl: Blair, Serena and Jenny took prep school uniforms and made them the height of fashion, with designers and magazine editors clamoring to translate the show's popularity to retail sales.
- 3. The Facts of Life: Before there was Blair Waldorf, there was Blair Warner. Watching Mrs. Garrett and her girls take the good and take the bad had many a teen wishing she could go to boarding school.
- 4. The Trouble with Angels: This 1966 coming of age movie, set in a Catholic school for girls, is sure to bring back memories for fellow Catholic school students.
- 5. Dead Poet's Society: "Oh Captain, My Captain!" Robin Williams inspires uniform-clad young men attending the Welton Academy for boys in this 1989 classic.
- 6. Curly Top: Shirley Temple and her friends at Lakeside Orphanage wear matching uniforms in this 1935 film.
- 7. Baby One More Time: Britney Spears shot to popularity with an assist from her 1998 music video, in which she dances in a sexy Catholic school girl uniform.
- 8. School of Rock: The kids are all buttoned up at their ritzy prep school until substitute teacher Dewey Finn [Jack Black] teaches them to, well, rock in 2003's hit movie.
- 9. Kill Bill Vol. 1: No, this isn't kid's fare, but once you meet Gogo Yubari, the Japanese schoolgirl assassin in Quentin Tarantino's 2003 movie, it's hard to think of school uniforms without thinking Gogo.
- 10. Mary Katherine Gallagher: Molly Shannon's "Saturday Night Live" character (who got her own movie, "Superstar," in 1999) puts the ouch -- and the funny -- in the school uniform.
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- If a governor or former military general was not on tv you you believe he was if you were told
- ,PASSPORT'S AND THE DEPARTMENT OF STATE (TRAVELERS TO A GOVERNMENT( THE PEOPLE WOULD BE (ON VACATION OR WORKING ) = 0% UNEMPLOYMENT
- Does the dc superior court represent the irs in a civil filing or does the irs have attorneys?
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.