Hot on HuffPost Parents:
- Dr. Peggy Drexler: The Breadwinner Complex: Are Women Apologizing For…
- Guideposts : Meet The Canine Minister To A Man With Alzheimer's
Woman Pregnant With Her Third Set of Twins
A set of twins is a blessing. Two sets? OK, we're getting into quite unusual territory here. But three sets? That's just crazy town.
Yep, Gezime Amer is six months pregnant with her third set of twins, all fraternal -- who will join her 12-year-old twin boys and 10-year-old twin daughters, the New York Daily News reports.
"God blessed me with the genes to have twins," the New York mother, 37, tells the newspaper. "They came to me all natural, too."
According to the National Organization of Mothers of Twins, just 15 of the group's 26,000 members have reported giving birth to several sets of twins, the Daily News says. And Ayman Shahine, Amer's gynecologist, tells the paper he's never seen anything like it in 20 years on the job.
"Her genes are like that," Shahine tells the Daily News. "When she had her first twins, she was scared. Then she had two girls and she could not believe it. Now, she's an expert."
Amer tells the newspaper no one else in her family has twins. But, no worries, she's making up for that herself.
Amer's husband, Adel, works six days a week, earning $32,000 a year as a manager at a hardware store, the newspaper reports.
"We teach them that we may not have a lot, but we have each other," his wife said. "Blood is thicker than water."
Related: Challenges of Caring for Twins or More
Ask Us Anything About Parenting
- Alot of .gov when submitting a program or proposal for government agency (be sure you personally can provide for the agency)
- Why did you lie and tell the world that, "The Left Behind Video game kills Jews and Atheists"?
- 3 SHOWS A HOUR 7 HOURS = 21 (10 DAYS = 210) 10 STUDIOS = 2100 20 STUDIOS = 4200 (IN 10 DAYS) 3 (20 MINUTE SHOWS).
Start by teaching him that it is safe to do so.